Here is a list I created to guide my own journey in minimalism, especially focusing on my impact (through action) and accumulation. Each bullet on the list helps me make decisions that line up with what I value as a minimalist:
- Does this item/action bring me joy?
- Does this item/action contribute to the minimalist lifestyle I want?
- Is this item/action promoting health?
- Do I use this item often?
- Do I really need this item?
- Does this action make me feel at peace?
- Why should I purchase this item?
- Am I making a good contribution through this action?
- Am I being responsible through this action?
- Is this item a need or a want?
- Will I be better off without this item?